View Single Post

Old 02-18-2022, 10:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 714 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmack18 View Post
Forgive me for sounding like too much of a new shooter with this, but if I purchase the free float hand guard and take it to my local gun shop to have installed, would the gas block be something I'd be needing to purchase as well to bring with me, or would most shops simply take care of this on their own as part of the instillation process?

-Mack
My guess is that the gun shop will need to order a gas block but it depends on the store. Your's might have one on hand. ARs are a simple firearm to work on and the tools to do the job aren't that expensive. Having mechanical ability does help a lot though. So, there is no harm if you take it to a shop (a gunsmith would be better) and have them do it. And no one should look down on you for doing it.

I believe youtube hasn't taken down videos on how to do the work yourself yet. If they have, Brownell's has a decent video library you can reference that is free of charge.

Take a look at what is needed to do the work and decide if you want to tackle it yourself. If nothing else, you'll gain some knowledge that will help you understand your firearm better.
The Following User Likes This Post: