View Single Post

Old 04-03-2022, 03:38 PM

Liked 9,428 Times in 4,226 Posts

Since I have used 3 different slides with my 639 (the original, a 439 and a 915 slide) I take a stronger approach to testing the hammer drop safeties. I size and prime an empty shell case and put it in the chamber of my otherwise unloaded gun and try the hammer drop at least a couple of times, then fire the primed case to prove to myself all is as it should be. Pointed in a safe direction all along, this is a perfectly safe but quite positive test for function of the fire control group.

I tend to run mine fairly dry... just the lightest touch of oil or grease on the rails. More than this just tends to be unnecessarily messy.

BTW, both single and double stack versions of all three generations of these guns have their proponents, but the single stack seems to give the most natural comfortable fit to the hands of the most shooters, and to me, at least, the Gen 2 in stainless just seems to check all the boxes to be the best all around 9mm out there. I hope you'll enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Froggie
The Following User Likes This Post: