View Single Post

Old 05-18-2022, 01:58 PM

Liked 594 Times in 251 Posts

20 gauge is my favorite by far. Plenty of power, plenty of shot, very diverse, and less recoil than 12 gauge. there are not as many "cool" 20 gauges guns as there are 12 gauge though... No trench sweeper 20 gauges, no slam fire 20 gauges (not that I have seen anyway...).

I was able to secure my old 12 gauge MEC 600 JR press back from the guy I gave it too! He said he has about 1/4 bottle of powder, some #8 shot, 1000 wads, and a fair amount of de-primed and re-sized hulls as well. The press is free, the rest of the stuff he said he would give me "market value" (from 5 years ago I hope).

I am waiting to hear back on the Mec 600 JR 20 gauge press, I think I will be able to get it for about $80 - Hoping it is not missing anything, but at least parts are plentiful.

The .410 loading station, i am going to make one I think, at least for now using the best info I found on Youtube, and forums online. I have de-priming, and priming down, have scale for weighing powder and shot, and have wads, powder, and shot... Just trying to figure out a re-sizer to make sure the cases don't have issues loading or extracting.. If mine does not work, I may just buy a "survival loader" from Xring off ebay, they are like $85. I don't shoot enough .410 to warrant another press, unless I can find one setup for .410 for around $100.