View Single Post

Old 06-09-2022, 07:33 PM

Liked 9,407 Times in 4,218 Posts

StakeOut, brother Skeet 028 pretty much summed it up. Loose tolerances make it possible to get everything to line up because they can be moved around. They don’t seem to stay in adjustment long for the same reason… loose tolerances. The plastic and aluminum parts also introduce a wear factor.

BTW SO, which Lee Hand Priming Tool gets a “meh” from you? I’ve been less than impressed with anything called “Auto Prime” but the original hand priming tool from the old Lee Custom days is a personal favorite. I collect priming tools and other than the so-called Pope Style re- and decappers for loading at the bench during Schuetzen matches, the original Lee tool is “da bomb” and for loading off of a progressive press, it gets the nod virtually all the time.

Friend Sevens, the Star presses are not quite dead! Bruce Williams in NJ is now the owner of the name, intellectual properties, and literally tractor trailer loads of parts. He’s not making any new presses (yet) but can rebuild virtually any Star press you send him. Of course Magma has taken over the Star luber/sizer department. I currently have an early Star Progressive (available in 38 Spl only) but am dreaming of a Universal to load my beloved 32s.

Your Phriendly ‘Phibian
The Following 2 Users Like Post: