View Single Post

Old 06-16-2022, 01:35 PM

Liked 2,869 Times in 990 Posts

I got back to the measure earlier today. In my original post I failed to report on how it measures up using small doses of common handgun powders.

I’m pleased to say it was near perfect consistency with Universal, Unique, Clays, and Trail Boss.

With each powder I filled the hopper to about 2/3 full, then made 4 drops to settle the powder. Starting with Clays it was dropping 5.4 grains. The Hornady battery powered scale showed 5.4g 7 of ten drops. 3 times it measured 5.5. I reduced the charge to 3.2g and repeated the test. It was near identical results. 8 of 10 dead on, 2 over by .1g.

I then tested Universal, with 4.4g and 5.5g. It was so consistent I quit counting.

Unique was next, same pattern as the others. I emptied the majority of the powder from the hopper and the measure remained as accurate as it was 2/3 full.

The final test I took Trail Boss from 5.1g down to 2.2g and it never hiccuped. It repeated put a little 2.2g pile in the pan.

I’m more impressed with its ability to throw accurate small charges than I was with rifle load.

If mine is a fair example of the performance to expect from these, it is truly a bargain.
The Following User Likes This Post: