View Single Post

Old 07-17-2022, 09:52 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Richard View Post
I primarily shoot trap and skeet now. I have thousands of loaded .38, 9mm, .45, .223 loaded in GI cans. This leaves me with some excess Large Pistol primers. I contacted the LGS and just asked if they ever considered buying primers to resell since they have none on their shelves. The management says no, but the salesman I'm talking to says he could sure use them,

I tell him I'm needing #8 shot, and he just happens to have quite a lot, as he just took up pistol shooting and cut down on his trap shooting. Since Primers are going for about $100 - $110 p/1000 (I have 2000 to spare) and shot is going for $65 a 25 lb bag, we made a even swap for 3 bags of shot.

I have plenty of shot shell primers and wads and still have 4 lbs powder, so I'm back into reloading for my Trap and skeet guns again.

And the nice thing is no money changed hands. For what I have in the various components I figure I can reload for about $4.60 a box. That sure beats $9.50 plus tax per box.
Back when this country was new most sales were not really sales, they were trades. You raise cows, the blacksmith shoes horses, trade beef for the blacksmith work and everyone was the better. Over the years I have done similar deals so it's good to hear they are still happening. Well done on both sides! You save 50% on your shotgun ammo and the salesman got to make a good dealer customer happy by "finding" some LPP for an order he couldn't fill. Win - Win...
SWCA #3437