Thread: .38 Wadcutter
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2022, 08:41 AM

Liked 8,135 Times in 3,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco1234 View Post
Does anyone load 38 wadcutters with the lead exposed. Loaded to the same COL as a Semi wadcutter?
Yes ... Lyman #358432 is a full wadcutter design with a crimping groove located where the crimp groove on a SWC would be located .
It was made in two weights 140 grain and 160 grain .
I load the 160 gr.
Lyman no longer produces this mould ... I had a used single cavity off E-Bay ... when I discovered all my 38/357 revolvers shot this bullet accurately and to the fixed sighted revolvers POA = POI with this 160 grain bullet ... I started looking and found NOE Bullet Moulds makes a re-creation / improved version in 4 cavity aluminum ... I bought one so fast it made my head spin .
Now it's about the only bullet I load ... I don't know why it is so accurate but the holes just like to cluster close to each other ... I've used 700X, Bullseye , Red Dot , HP-38 , Accurate #2 and TiteGroup ... and every powder gives excellant accuracy ...which is very unusual ... it's one of those designs that likes to shoot and isn't picky . Check it out at NOE...
www.noebulletmoulds.com
it is mould # 360-160-WC PB (360432)
If you like cast wadcutters , this one is worth a look-see.
I got a solid point mould but it also comes in convertible flat point , cup point and hollow point pin set up ... like 3 moulds in one . I just target shoot but the cup point and/or hollow points would make awesome hunting / defense loads !
Gary
The Following User Likes This Post: