View Single Post

Old 08-19-2022, 08:40 PM
WW II Vet
Absent Comrade

Liked 8,711 Times in 1,959 Posts

One, I should definitely not be posting at four in the morning.
Two, I did not explain the location of the referred gun correctly. It is easily within my reach but out of sight of others.
Three, there is the safety bunch and the non-safety bunch and there will never be an agreement on that subject.
Four, my apartment has four areas and there is a easily reachable loaded gun in all four besides in my car.
Five, my chair is my dry fire area and the only ammo is in the magazine and it is out of reach without expending some thought and effort when dry firing.
Six, the only reason the nurse knew about the gun was that she saw my American Rifleman magazine and said she and her husband were interested in guns and I showed her that one.
Seven, my Dad started my gun safety education when I was five years old. That was a little over ninety two years ago. I got my first gun at eight and at ten I was allowed to hunt my myself. So far I have killed or wounded no one and shot no inanimate objects besides targets.
Eight, I can get the safety off fast enough that you wouldn't want to try me and being blunt reminds one of braying.