View Single Post

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Sigma 40VE magazines not locking in

Hello, this is my first post here and I was unable to find any information about this, so forgive me if it's been covered previously.

I recently got a Sigma 40VE in a trade for a laptop I didn't want/need. It came with 2 magazines, but I like to have at least 6 for all my weapons, so I hopped on gunbroker and found 3 for $80 shipped. I bought them and they came in today. Upon opening the box and such they were a bit dirty (used LEO mags) but overall were in great shape. I cleaned them up a bit and then was going to do a test fit. The magazines slide in perfectly and fit well, but they do not engage the magazine release. When the magazines are loaded, they simply fall out of the pistol. I can get one of them to lock in by wiggling it a bit, but neither of the other 2 will lock in at all. The magazines look exactly the same, but none of my magazines specifically say Sigma or 40VE or anything other than Smith and Wesson .40 on them. Is it possible that these mags are for another S&W pistol? Maybe the 40*3 series or something? What should I do with them?