View Single Post

Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
US Veteran

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by n4zov:
Quote:
I had just about given up on gun mags in general 'cause I was tired of flipping through page after page of 4 wheeler reviews
+1 How the American Rifleman got into reviewing pickups and ATV's is beyond me! It is a mere shadow of what it used to be.
Had to laugh. This is exactly why running a gun mag business is a lose/lose proposition. I say that because I like to read an ocassional article about 1/2 or 3/4 ton trucks in my gun magazines. I drive a truck and I am interestred in new features, price, etc. Same with an occasional article about whats new in the ATV market. I have a Yamaha Grizzly and use it a lot here on the ranch, especially during hunting season. I like to see what's new in the ATV field as well.

These poor guys are trying to please the needs/wants of everybody. Pretty tough job. I gotta agree with Erich...I think they are doing a much better job now and they seem to be really trying to give the readers what they want.

I enjoyed reading the likes of Keith and Skelton and Jordan like the other old timers here, but, maybe we are asking a bit much when we demand that those who follow in their footsteps dazzle us with the same rhetoric, literary prose and technical acumen that they possessed.

I happen to like poetry. Especially Emily Dickinson. I'm not all bent out of shape that other poets don't have her talents or ability, (in my estimation) but...they have their own talents and make their own contributions. It's all good.

Ok, none of that made much sense.