Thread: Jet Stuff
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by M29since14: That's a stupid comment!
It could be taken that way but it could also be taken as a "Sign of the Times" and a "Reality Check" that WE don't particularly care for. I spent last Thursday visiting a GUN Shop in the Northern part of this State. My Dad took me there 40+ years ago for the first time and it was impressive even to a High School kid. Over the years they've gotten bigger and bigger and I've been there many, many times. I took a walk through their warehouse building and was "shocked and amazed" at just how empty the place was!!!

They have one wall on the end of the building that is where they store bullets and nothing more. While I've never measured the building I'd guess this end is something like 24 feet wide and the shelving goes up a good 12 feet. That's a lot of bullets!!! I've never seen so much empty space and would guess that there was less than a third(maybe 1/4) of the shelves covered with "In Stock" product. I've seen the days when these shelves were not only full but you had to bob and weave around the stock that was on the floor!!!

I purchased 5K CCI Small Pistol Magnum Primers and ended up with just under half of their entire stock! I've watched them unload CCI primers by the "pallet" in the past!

I've also seen another entire wall of this warehouse stacked with Remington rifles and shotguns front floor to ceiling - Thursday, they had maybe a couple of dozen of those well known Green Boxes and not a single .308 rifle in the bunch.

Obama should be named the "Man of the Year" for the entire gun industry - at least for this Year!!! Maybe, next year will be very different.