Thread: FBI 1076
View Single Post

Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM

Liked 95 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Eliza
Those Model 13s are absolutely positively awesome. I have been searching for a Model 13 and Model 10 2 1/2" that were shipped to the FBI since I started this whole FBI firearms thing. I was issued both revolvers in 1980. (Long story)

Your revolvers raise the question of course of how they reached the civilian market. I have been told that after the effort to permit Agents to purchase (approved by Reno by the way) their Model 13s failed in 1989 all the issued Model 13s were destroyed after they were returned to the Gunvault.

Ever one for theories I'm wondering if these revolvers were never issued but in the Gunvault's inventory. In theory they also should have been destroyed. Hmmm...is it possible they were returned to S&W? Not according to a S&W source. And from there sold as a used gun on the open market? But the one Letter has the revolver delivered In 12/80 (I graduated in 1/81) so it was in the Bureau's possession for a decade. Doesn't make sense based on the info I have. Further, if they were returned to S&W that would clearly be reflected in the Letter and it isn't. Sooo...if they weren't returned to S&W how did they get out????

You clearly have three handguns that shouldn't exist. Congrats!!!!

Do you have more information on the disposition of the Model 13s?

Thanks and stay safe, Dave