View Single Post

Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 AM

Liked 520 Times in 264 Posts

I have come to a conclusion (as my father used to say).

If you want a good gun writer...
This forum has quite a few, or you can step up and be one yourself- do an "online article" for us.

It's been a bit since we've had some good, "full length" articles on here "published" by members.

We had some really good ones, but they "rolled off" (for lack of a better term) the forum when some very necessary bandwidth-freeing had to be done.

I've always loved the many pictures and stories of grip makers, or interesting guns and history behind them. Articles in the forum get pretty good when you get out of the Lounge -I've always liked many of the poster's threads that seem as good as, if not better than any store-bought magazine you can find.

Here is one little experiment that you should do with your current issue of your favorite gun magazine:

Cut out each article and leave the advertisements. It's ok if there is an ad on the back of an article, because it's likely that there are plenty to go around.

How much thinner is your favorite magazine? Not much you say?!?! If 36% or more of the pages are articles and pictures attached to the articles, you have a pretty good publication for today.

Of course, I pulled this out of my hat, and the above is just a wild guess...I'm just interested in how far off I am.

The best suggestion is...
Just do an "article" for the forum and post it here.