View Single Post

Old 04-11-2009, 06:59 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,639 Times in 580 Posts

I would agree with much of what has been said above. I have had the opportunity along with a couple of other forum members to spend a fair amount of time with a fairly large number of current writers in "shooting" sessions as well as a hell of alot of time in BSing sessions. Many of them are good writers that have had the opportunity to do it on a professional {writing that is} level. They would welcome the opportunity to write about anything. When we compare them to the writers of yesterday the main difference is the old writers were gunners first and writers second. The writers that most closely are that today would be John Taffin, Mike Venturino, Wiley Clapp, Craig Boddington{Marine Brig. General}and others of their ilk. Many of the "new" writers have a strong willingness to learn from those of us who have been shooting for a while and I most certainly applaud their effort. I might also add that for the most part they also are a good bunch of guys to spend time with. Forum member H Richard {a long time gunner and Medical business mgr. in real life} has spent far more time than I with writers and I hope he might "chime in" with his thoughts. Best Best Regards, Joe.