View Single Post

Old 03-14-2009, 01:30 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 586 Times in 176 Posts

Thought I would post the latest update on the Foundation. Any questions or if you need a brochure, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks. Sheryl & Ray

Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation

March 7, 2009

Re: SWHF Update

Greetings to all members:

I would again like to personally thank everyone for all of their support. I am pleased to report we are making good progress towards our funding and project goals. We have currently raised in excess of $100,000 and have substantial commitments yet to come.

We have particularly good news in that we have found an alternate firm to perform the digital reproduction project at a significantly reduced cost. The initial estimate for digitally reproducing Smith & Wesson’s records from 1935 to 1941 was $300,000. The estimate is now approximately $225,000. Please keep in mind this estimate is subject to change as the final charge will be based on the exact number of documents digitized, software requirements, etc. We anticipate the run of digitizing the first fifteen boxes of documents will be completed within the next 30-60 days. Following completion of this initial run and evaluation of the results, we will begin working with the Connecticut Valley Historical Museum (CVHM) to formulate the procedures for requesting letters and documents from the SWHF.

My deepest thanks go out to Vice-Chairman Bill Cross for all of his help with this project, as my health has imposed substantial limitations on my time.

I will continue to keep you informed as we make progress.

Many thanks,

Ray Cheely
Chairman, SWHF

PS. Hope to see many of you next month in Tulsa!!