View Single Post

Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 AM
US Veteran

Liked 576 Times in 280 Posts

I belong to the NRA so I get "The American Rifleman". That is the only gun magazine that I purchase anymore. I usually go to a place such as Barnes& Nobles or Books-A-Million and spend a litle time reading selected articles. It is rare that I find anything that makes me want to buy the magazine(s). I am in my mid 50's and started reading gun mags when I was a kid. Perhaps I have just become jaded. Then again, when I read some of the old ones I have kept, I find I enjoy certain writers that have passed on.

I also find the articles written about new guns that have rails and lasers and sirens and searchlights and hydration systems, etc. and are made out of exotic alloys and plastic but don't really do anything but spit bullets like every other gun, tedious. I always skip them. Since that seems to be the major feature in many of the current magazines, I pass on them.

Perhaps there might be a market for a gun magazine that caters to us geezers. It could have reprints of classic articles by the old masters previously mentioned and new articles about guns that are made out of exotic materials such as steel and wood. Maybe there could be some articles about guns written by people who have done more than sit gazing at a computer and having mental adventures. I guess that would be too much to hope for...