View Single Post

Old 03-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I went to a Gun Show this past weekend and was looking for a new 22A-1. I found two at the show, and both were identical. The first dealer wanted $750.00 for his! I picked my jaw up off the floor and asked if it were made of gold or some other precious metal, but got the usual "These are great guns and they are hard to find!" line most of these guys shovel out.
The second one I found was going for $219.00, so I grabbed it! Two guys came back by to get it while I was doing the paperwork, and three more tried to buy it from me before I could get out the door with it. Five more show goers wanted to buy it outside while I was waiting for my wife to come back and get me! That's 10 bites on this pistol in about 10 minutes! A Manager at work and a next door neighbor also have told me they would like to buy it as well the day after I got it.
I saw another 22A-1 today that was new but the price on it was $375.00. So are these pistols getting that popular and that hard to find to drive the price up, or is it the "panic buying" going on right now doing it? I probably could have made some $ on this pistol, but I like the feel of it too much to part with it now. Also, did I luck out on getting this pistol for $219.00 Out The Door?