View Single Post

Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 8,827 Times in 1,526 Posts

Bringing this to the top with some specific project questions.
Was very fortunate to get a M6946 "top end" via our Classified section last week. Was thinking of having it drilled to 9x21.5 and using it with my M6946 when wanting to shoot some of the stash of .356 TSW, but now I'm thinking that is a fall back plan.
Has anyone given any thought to using a M69xx slide on a single stack version (M39xx)? I've installed it on my M3954, and it seems to function Ok now, have not tried any of the longer ammo in the standard single stack mag, but if it fits on other Smith 9mm mags, that shouldn't be a prob. I don't have any factory ammo here at the moment, gave it all to my daughter with the Stocking Dealer Auto she borrowed and never gave back (), so after re-acquiring some I'll try the M3954 mag to see if it will fit and, hopefully function. Then I'm going to send the barrel somewhere to get it drilled out and see how the whole thing plays out.
It's been nearly 19 years since I did any substantial .356 TSW loading/shooting, so this should be fun. Glad I kept the 2000 rounds of Starline brass I bought way back when, it seems with the above emails that it's gonna be a long time til any surface again (if ever).