View Single Post

Old 05-24-2009, 05:50 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 360PD, which is my regular carry. Being known for having more money than brains (and I'm poor), I decided to get a 329PD. Looking at the S&W web-site, I saw that it was basically a choice between wooden grips and fiber optic sight or rubber grips and gold dot sight. Having gotten some punishing recoil from the 360PD, I decided on the rubber grips.

I now have the gun, but haven't shot it. Now I have the gun, and now I do some research (we've already established I'm not very bright). The one that I have has a stainless-steel cylinder, whereas the other one with wooden grips has a titanium cylinder like my 360PD.

I've also noticed that the one that I have weighs 3oz more, which is probably from the cylinder. My concern is with the strength of the SS cylinder vs the strength of a titanium cylinder.

I've also noticed that the backstrap on this thing is exposed too. I don't imagine that is going to feel too good when shooting the gun, but I don't plan on putting thousands of rounds through it.

Since I haven't shot it yet, I could return it and get the other one. What would you do?