View Single Post

Old 05-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally posted by M29since14:
Quote:
I can't believe I'm actually enjoying shooting it...
For heaven's sake, why not? Shooting is fun! It always has been. It is just in the last couple of decades that various types of elitists have begun to have some success in advancing their crazy notion that shooting is somehow anti-social. It's ridiculous.

If you are a little nervous and would like to improve, you might seek out a competent instructor.
Thanks for your reply and info on the difference in ammo.

It is not a social thing at all, it is just that I have never handled a gun nor saw one fired. It didn't help my confidence any when my 3 sons, ages 36, 35 & 29 (who all have their own guns) were stunned when I told them I bought a .40 caliber semi-automatic. They scared me more by informing me that I would not be able to handle that gun and should have gotten myself a nice little revolver....
When we decided to get a gun for home protection I knew I'd have to learn to shoot it, but since i was so scared of the unknown it never crossed my mind that I would actually enjoy shooting. I still amazes me that this has become such an enjoyable new hobby for both Hubby and me. I feel even more confident when I hear Hubby tell the boys how well I did with it at the range and how I'm even a better shot than him!

I went out today and bought myself the M&P .40 compact so when my ccw comes in I'll be ready!

As to an instructor, I am lucky in the fact that our County Sheriff opens their shooting range to county residents twice a month and the Sheriffs there will spend all the time you want or need on instruction.