View Single Post

Old 05-30-2009, 10:50 AM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts

About two weeks ago, I saw on their website that a local gun shop had a 2 1/2" 686 in what looked like near new condition. I have an ANIB 2 1/2" 686-2, but I had a little money and thought I would drop by and take a look. I took a look at it as soon as I got there and determined it was a -2 like I already have and was not in near the condition as the one I have, especially the factory combat grips. Oh well, that's the way it goes . . .

I was about ready to leave when I spotted a large frame stainless S&W with a long narrow barrel that was not yet on their website. I checked it out and it turned out to be a lovely 624 in near new condition with beautiful original (dated Jan 1985) target grips. I was concerned about whether it had passed the recall inspection (Info on Cylinder Recall) so I asked if I could see the box. They brought out the original box with all the original paperwork. The label had the red "C" in a cirle indicating it had been inspected at the factory and passed. I bought it and I'm very happy. You can see why below . . .

I'm very pleased with the grips . . .

It even has the factory sticker still on it . . .

Day at the range: