View Single Post

Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have 2 Contender frames,a blue one & a stainless one. They go with my blue barrels &/or plated/ss barrels. I once had a .223 14", but for me...I hated it. What I did not like was shell extraction. Unlike any of the barrels for rimmed cases, due to the .223 being rimless, it must snap in by springing the extractor to be able to extract. This is easy going in, but you must overcome that to get 'em out. With rimmed cases they extract like a single shot shotgun and thus almost fall out.
I sold it and the guy who bought it began using an old TV antenna close-pin thing to grab & jerk them out.

Since I still liked .224 centerfire, I opted to replace that barrel with an SSK .226 JDJ 14",which uses reformed .225 Winchester brass.
Now all of my barrels are of the rimmed case type....from .22rf,.22 Hornet, thru a few more JDJ wildcats, (309,6.5,375),both herrets,the normal pistol cals...357,.44,.45LC,30-30,7-30 waters, upto a pair of 45-70's.
All of my barrels are pistol length 10"/12"/14".
I also use mine for kinda-like a test bed, and use it in the Ransom-Rest for that.