View Single Post

Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by James NM:
Quote:
Originally posted by sasu:
I consider the 40 S&W a 9x19 Plus. The bullet diameter has been increased from 9 mm to 10 mm. Nothing to get excited about...

I do not shoot 40 S&W, because it is just a 9x19 with a bigger ego.
Huh? If you don't like 40S&W, just say so. Trying to discredit something you don't like by using a line of BS like you just used is like Obama taking credit for cutting the defecit. Congrats, you and Obama share the same sense of logic.

You say increasing the diameter from 9 to 10mm is "nothing to get excited about". Maybe you're right, it's roughly 1/2 a caliber (.355 vs .400). Doesn't sound like a lot - maybe it isn't. But just for the sake of argument - and objectivity - let's check the difference between the diameter of 40S&W and .45acp. Well slap me silly - it's also roughly 1/2 a caliber (.400 vs .451). So you dismiss 1/2 a caliber increase from 9 to 40, but champion the 1/2 a caliber increase from 40 to 45?

So you say a 40S&W is a "9x19 plus" and a "9x19 with a bigger ego"? Huh?? That's like saying the 45acp is nothing more than a 40S&W with a "bigger ego". Both statements are blatantly false.

And for the record, I own and shoot all three calibers. In reality, there are advantages and disadvantage for each. What is gained by making false statements to justify or rationalize one's choie of caliber?
The Obama thing was uncalled for. You may be technically correct, but back off a little. Just the facts, Mam' just the facts
The Following 2 Users Like Post: