View Single Post

Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Hondo44:
Well he probably just made an assumption. If S&W uses a K/L grip on the 500, it seemed like a good one. I'd give him a pass just this once.

Based on which grips I had tried on my 624-3, I was pretty sure it was N frame, but I checked it out today to be sure.
I was mistaken about Dick Metcalf making the comment. I just rechecked it, and it is in a sub section written by Skeeter Skelton. He has an article in the middle of Metcalfs. Skeeter says on page 49, March 1985 issue of Shooting Times-

"An extremely interesting sidelight has occured recently, at least partly due to Smith's cancellation of the Model 24. Lew Horton Distributing Co. (175 Boston Rd., Southboro, MA 01772) made a special contract only a year or so ago with the S&W factory for an exclusive run of what it was to call the Combat Model 24. A most unusual gun, it has a three-inch barrel, red ramp front and white outline rear sights, and a K-frame round-butt grip. It is a handsome piece of machinery and a revolver that is exceedingly suitable for law enforcement and defense."

The above is an exact copy of the third from the last paragraph in Skeeter's sub article. That is where I got that from.