View Single Post

Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally posted by M29since14:
The 40c is not uncomfortable to fire. If you are OK with the full-size gun, I would think you will also be OK with the 40c. Ammunition is a big factor to me. I deliberately select 180-gr. loads, as some of the lighter, higher velocity loads really whip the gun around on discharge. I have never been interested in making a .357 Magnum out of the .40, so a 180 at 950 suits me.

As to accuracy, I shoot the 40c better than I ever did my G27s, but this is probably a function of comfort and the gun fitting my hand better, rather than an intrinsic accuracy difference. At close range, 50 feet or less, I shoot the 40c just as well as the bigger gun. I don't think you will be disappointed with a 40c.

Fully loaded with 10-11 cartrdiges, a 40c is a lot of gun to carry around - but it also provides a lot more horsepower than a Chief. Unless you really need it, you may be more likely to actually carry a smaller, lighter weapon.
I have only put a couple hundred rounds through my FS M&P .40, doing approx 50 rounds each time at the range, and noticed that at the end of 50 rounds I still wanted to shoot more, but my hands were shaky and tired. I don't know if this is something that will go away with more practice and experience or if it has something to do with the fact I'm so afraid to drop the gun I am holding it way too tightly!

We are having a difficult time to find ammo around here and have been picking up whatever we find. I did notice that what I thought was the same Winchester ammo had different gr numbers on them. I thought the higher number would cause a stronger recoil, but if I understand you correctly the higher gr number would cause less recoil in the compact? Thanks for the valuable info.