View Single Post

Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 AM

Liked 85 Times in 26 Posts

While it would be very difficult to argue with the logic of the 'N' frame 357's, 27-2 or earlier, I believe the Model 29's (or 629's for that matter) are the 'best' revolvers in the lineup. Beside the quality and incredible asthetics, the calber makes it the best. All N frames are excellent handling but the 44 caliber puts it over the top. The 44 special is a near perfect round in every way. Clearly accurate, soft shooting or powerful with Keith type loads, or the 44 magnum, which can about do it all yet is still controllable. Easy to reload (I use 44 mag brass even for my target loads), relatively cheap, and bottom line, pure fun. As for overall beauty, I prefer the straight barrel of the 29 over the tapered 27, but that is just my opinion. While I own nine 29/629's in all barrel lengths, one would be hard pressed to find a more perfectly balanced model than the old 6 1/2". While I have two 27-2's in mahagony, 3t's, with 5" and 8 3/8" and would not part with them, it is my 29's that are my favorites for the above reasons......Enjoy hearing about all your 'best' choices and logic behind your views.
The Following User Likes This Post: