View Single Post

Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 506 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Posted 31 December 2007 09:37 AM Hide Post
I have a sad story about a model 28 my dad had. He was a sheriff deputy in Barton county Kansas in the early 70’s and had a 4 inch 28 that he had hard chromed by someone named “Tiny” in SE Kansas. It was a beautiful gun. It had a great trigger and a lot of good memories with it. I carried it when I was in college while working security. Now the sad part. My dad and his wife had a major house fire in September. Everyone but the dog made it out, but the top floor of the house was gone. While visiting at Christmas I asked my dad about the gun. He said the rubber grip had milted to the frame and the cylinder was welded to the frame as well. I thought that I could get it and put it on a plaque for him and my kids when I got it. He told me that when the house was being cleaned up it was thrown away. So now it’s gone. I have plans to find another 28 and try to make it look like his, but it won’t be. Sorry for the sob story, but it feels good to vent to people that understand.
Odinkar, sorry to here of this loss. I'm glad that your kinfolk got out safe. Too bad for the pet, but guns are definitely replaceable.