View Single Post

Old 02-22-2009, 09:02 PM

Liked 95 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by NiklasP:
Hello!

Anyone here have any experience in recent years getting a non-Resident CCW Permit for Nevada? My CCW permit is not honored in Nevada and open carry does not seem a good option. So, I am considering applying for a non-resident permit for Nevada, per Nevada state law. I have read Nevada laws and have some questions.

A few times a year we cross Nevada on Route 50, making various stops. We had a scary experience (that ended well) on one trip and would like a greater comfort factor should such happen again. We almost never go to Las Vegas, so, their restrictions would not affect us.

Questions:
1) What did you do about Nevada requirement for qualifying with your carry revolver? There is no such requirement for CCW training in my current state of residence. We did, of course, have to demonstrate proficiency and safe handling with various handguns, provided by instructor.
2) Ditto for requirement to pass a CCW class certified by Nevada. Did you have to go to Nevada to take a class? Any provision for cross-certification/qualification?

At some point I expect I will contact sheriff's office in one of areas we pass through each trip and initiate application through that office. Fallon, NV is most likely city.

Thanks,
Niklas
The Florida permit is also recognized in NV. You may be able to obtain a Florida permit with training you have already recieved. They will even accept Missouri Hunter Education training as satisfactory firearms safety training for a non-resident permit, so if you have had similar training in your state, you may well qualify for the Florida non-resident permit.

Here is the link to get a FL CCW application: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/apply.html