View Single Post

Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 PM

Liked 79 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by NiklasP:
With all the changes happening to reciprocity of CCW permits between states, is Utah CCW likely to be accepted in Nevada for next 5+ years?
Niklas
I think it is likely. But it all depends (as far as Nevada goes) on whether or not Utah maintains standards substantially similar to Nevada's and if Utah maintains a 24 hour accessible database. (I don't know what Utah requires in order to honor another state's permits,)
Quote:
NRS 202.3689 Department to prepare list of states that meet certain requirements concerning permits; Department to provide copy of list to law enforcement agencies in this State; Department to make list available to public.

1. On or before July 1 of each year, the Department shall:

(a) Examine the requirements for the issuance of a permit to carry a concealed firearm in each state and determine whether the requirements of each state are substantially similar to or more stringent than the requirements set forth in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.

(b) Determine whether each state has an electronic database which identifies each individual who possesses a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm issued by that state and which a law enforcement officer in this State may access at all times through a national law enforcement telecommunications system.

(c) Prepare a list of states that meet the requirements of paragraphs (a) and (b). A state must not be included in the list unless the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association agrees with the Department that the state should be included in the list.

(d) Provide a copy of the list prepared pursuant to paragraph (c) to each law enforcement agency in this State.

2. The Department shall, upon request, make the list prepared pursuant to subsection 1 available to the public.

(Added to NRS by 2007, 3150)

NRS 202.369 Regulations. The Department may adopt such regulations as are necessary to carry out the provisions of NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.

(Added to NRS by 1995, 2726; A 2005, 596)
Again, note in our law the latitude given the NSCA - too MUCH latitude.

Niklas, feel free to contact me (info on our website.)