Thread: Gun show find
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2008, 02:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I was at the gunshow a couple of weeks ago looking for Smiths. I had sold a couple of autoloaders and was on the hunt for a couple of specific models. Well, I found one of them and a surprise. The prices on some of the stuff was out of sight, but buried around were gems. I picked up a 629 Classic. It had box and papers and I gave $620 for it which is okay around here. The real gem was a model 58. I saw it on Saturday went home and researched it a bit. It is a nickel gun, 4", no box or papers with some wear. The wear was all on one side and looked like it had possibly slid around a drawer. It was also unfired as there were zero marks anywhere that would indicate it had been fired. So I talked the guy down a little to $475 and took it to the range. It really shoots great. The one grip had a chip on the bottom and I now have a pair of rubber Pachmyers on it. I know, rubber grips aren't pretty but they work well for me. Overall it was an okay show but there are still a couple of guns to look for. In all honesty, more than a couple...