Thread: FBI 1076
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2009, 11:06 AM

Liked 1,171 Times in 373 Posts

Here's what I have heard. The only way to truly confirm if it is a FBI model is to write the S$W and have them research the serial number.
SERIAL NUMBER: But I have read that if it has serial numbers TFS35XXX then you are good, but Ihave laso read that other serial models have been confirmed to be FBI modles as well.
GRIPS: You may find 3 different types of grips. A striaght back (1911) type grip, a semi rounded athe bottom grip, or a grip that is rounded down the entire length of the back portion of the grip. I have heard that the semi rounded grip is the FBI model, but that just may be speculation and you can always change your grips. So it probably shouldn't confirm anything about the gun being the FBI variety.
One thing that does seem to be consistent is the checkered vs horizontal lines below the trigger gaurd on the front facing portion of the grip. It seems that checkered is fairly accepted as unique to the FBI model.
SLIDE: Lettering that says Caution: Capabale of Firing without magazine, or refer to owners manual. I have heard that people have found both types of wording on FBI guns, but the majority seem to say the first phrase. I suppose slides could be changed or traded, or would this not be possible?
DECOCKER: Then there is the frame or slide mounted decocker. This is something that maybe is obvious to others,but I assume that this similar to my 469 S&W 9mm with the decocker on the frame. I am not sure what it looks like when it is slide mounted, if anyone can show me the differnce here then that would be great. Okay, let's see what you know?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: