View Single Post

Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Liked 2,082 Times in 606 Posts

Yes, happy 4th of July to everyone of you.

I have nothing to add to this rather long thread, except for (perhaps) one thing; in 2002 just after Susan Roettinger told me to come and pick up her dad's gun, I came back with it here to the store and in my excitement wrote a rather long email to all my Canadian shooting buddies detailing the whole experience and how happy I was to have the gun sitting there in front of me. Included with the email was a photo I have of Phil on my office wall, taken 1947 or so, when he won his National Championship. Also included was a small blurb from our local English Language Newspaper "Atencion" about Phil, just after his death.
I no longer have that email in my computer system (which has had it's poor struggling memory wiped clean about 5 times since 2002 by any number of viruses abounding the Internet here in Mexico) and I no longer even have a copy of the Atencion article. I don't even have the scanned copy of my Office Wall photo anymore within my computer memory.
I have sent out an email to all my Canadian shooting buddies -- many of them very anal about keeping things years and years on their hard-drives -- in the hopes that one or two of them may still have this email that they could send back to me. For many of them, I was their first IPSC Director and their introduction to the joy of shooting and my personal vanity would like to think they would hold onto everything I send them as if it were the "cherished word", although reality is probably a bit more bitter I am afraid.
As with most things I write, it is rather long-winded, but will be interesting to read (even for me) as it was written immediately after the event. If I can get a copy of it, we will see how well my memory of specific instances is after the passage of time.
Should I get the email returned to me -- with the photos -- I will send it FORWARD to friend Onomea (who is mainly responsible for all this anyways for having taken the time to write me requesting more info on the gun in the first instance after reading a small blurb I wrote in another section of this forum) and hopefully he can find a way of posting it in it's entirety as sort of a "finale" to this thread with the picture of Phil and the short article about him from the local paper.
If I can get the email, you will find it here then. If not, well, you still all pretty much know what I know about the revolver in any case.
Keep the faith.
Cheers!
Cal
The Following 2 Users Like Post: