View Single Post

Old 03-30-2009, 11:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,738 Times in 2,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by SrBenelli:
Quote:
Originally posted by shawn mccarver:
To me. An agency commemorative is generally important to members of the agency being commemorated and to "wannabees,".
So.......because I've got a commemorative from the Dept. my uncle retired from, and am intrested in eventually picking up a matching one from the county I grew up in, you'ld consider me a "wannabee"??? Nice to know, friend...
To the others.....thanks for the info.....
Now, let's not get real defensive, please. I said "generally," and I stand behind that. The part you did not quote says "and not to many others." Thus, there are others to whom such commemoratives are valuable, and you are one such person due to the relative connection. I will say that the lack of a significant market increase in price for these commemoratives proves my point - that few beyond the agency members, "wannabees" or others, such as yourself, with a "connection" to the agency, are interested in buying these commemoratives. That was my point, and to the extent you took offense, I am sorry for my comment, which was obviously inartfully stated. My apologies.