View Single Post

Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 AM

Liked 3,889 Times in 1,361 Posts

All Rugers are stamped .223. So were Colts for years - both my circa '75 SP1 and my circa 85ish SP2 are so stamped, yet Colt has always used 5.56mm chamber dimensions. The Ruger, if I remember right, is using a Wylde chamber.

The shorter barrel "NRA" edition was also turning in better accuracy according to some users, but a standard fix for Minis for years was to chop the barrels down to "stiffen" them. Beats me what works and what doesn't since reports are all over the place.

They're sort of neat little guns which is I suppose why I kept getting them and still keep one. They weren't exactly intended for fending off the PLA, Martian hordes, or a sky full of Canadian paratroopers though.

Cajun - there were several threads about the 30rd mags on Perfect Union. Long story short - some are already turning up on Gunbroker, but some are also turning up at retail establisments. A guy in AZ bought some retail from the Tempe Cabelas for 45 dollars each. At this time Ruger is only selling them to distributors, however they will be on the web page as soon as production ramps up. They are not marked LEO only and will be available to anyone.

Thermold is also back in business and making working polymer Mini 14 mags, and apparently soon will also have Mini 30 mags as well. The mag issue for Mini 14s anyway is solved.