View Single Post

Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lots of good discussion here, and I think the answer is at best situational. I like the 147 grain load but my Kahr PM9 sometimes has trouble with a fully topped off magazine. I changed my magazine springs and this solved the problem. I switched to those incredible Wolff +5 springs and my feeding problem was fixed. I've also notice my Kel-Tec Sub-2000 really likes the 147 grain loads as does my Beretta 92FS.

So as to whether it's a good or bad idea I think it first depends on how your gun handles these rounds. My personal feeling is that the 147 grain load is best left to the longer barreled firearms. Heavy emphasis on "person opinion" here. I think with a 9 mm bullet that heavy you need to give it every chance to build up the velocity it needs to ensure expansion at the receiving end. It looks to me like a barrel length greater than 4" would be better for this round. Hence, for your specific gun, a recommendation to split the difference and use the 124 grain loads is probably good advice. Of coarse we could all be looking for the next decimal place in performance. LOL