View Single Post

Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 AM

Liked 330 Times in 166 Posts

I have just run a few through the sizing die only. I also ran the sizing die down to just contact the shellplate, so the brass is going in as deep as possible. After sizing the top of the case measures .373-.375, and the bottom just above the extractor groove measures .388-.391. They will not fully seat in the case gauge. They unsized brass measure almost the same as the sized brass does. There appears to be a starting taper at the entry of the die that is responsible for the larger sizing at the rim area. I just posted on the Dillon site, and I am waiting for some responses, but the same question appears several pages in from another poster. The few responses seem to explain it as normal, and that 9mm were tapered cases. So why does my factory ammo measure a consistant dimension top to bottom and drop right into the case gauge? The Dillon die flares out at the opening way to much to be able to size the brass a consistant size. I don't expect Dillon to say their die is less than ideal. Are there better sizing dies available?