View Single Post

Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Looking forward to your follow up post Skip. You've got me curious...

Well, something else I aimed at and hit!

That was the purpose of the post, to spark interest.

While some quote Elmer as the only valid oracle from the "gun world" it is nice to find out that he had other contemporaries with equally valid reputations.

Remembering that these folks, while endued with special attributes, are only that, folks. All of them, Elmer included, was just a person, fallible as the rest of us. Did he have good things to share with us? Absolutely! Was he instrumental in the development of some classic cartridges? Definitely. Was he perfect? Not hardly! Just like me and you. As we study Jack we will find the same thing about him. He wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, so don't look for that, I'm not.

I am astonished at the folks that know him by name here. That's great.

I am just reading one small portion of his writings that has been enlightening and encouraging to say the least.

I'll give you a hint about the following topic/thread. It has nothing to do with his love for rifles per se. More to do with reloading/hand-loading. I don't want to give too much away at this point.

I want to wait a day or so to allow everyone that has a comment about Jack to post it here. Thanks for the input to this point. Keep it coming!