View Single Post

Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 AM

Liked 33,266 Times in 9,088 Posts

Well, boys, and in my best Elvis imitation: "Thank you. Thank you very much."

It was a saga, putting that gun together, and it took a while. And it makes no economic sense whatsoever.

But, I didn't think about this gun as a financial investment. It was an investment in something that made me happy. And it still does.

It cost a pile of dough that I could never recover if I wanted to sell it. (Which I do not. I will probably give it away to a son when I get truly old and it is time to do such things.) No collector value either, to serious gun collectors, I don't think.

Maybe has value to guys who collect artists, like Persinger and Love, which most fellas do not.

But here's the thing: Everybody, in my opinion, if one is fortunate enough to reach a place in life where all the bills are paid up and one's dependents all in good shape, ought to allow himself, at least once, something that you just want, that is beautiful, that you like.

We spend our lives, most of our lives, anyway, fulfilling our responsibilities to others, so if we get to a point where we can come up for air, look around, and things are lookin' pretty good, everybody's covered, all things considered, well, have at it. Make yourself happy.

I did.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: