View Single Post

Old 05-23-2007, 07:05 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,095 Times in 1,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
Nice guns, everybody, and Ed . . . whoa! Is it really 10-some ounces, like Elmer wrote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith17 View Post
Erich:
It registers not quite 11 ounces on my antique postal scale.
Ed

Just the gun for an afternoon's fun with +P158's, NOT!

Erich's right. Nice guns everybody!

The little red boxes are really cool. I also like the blue boxes without the Bangor Punta name on them. The '52 nickel is pretty eye-popping. I like the '68 gun with the clip holster. The Chief's Specials really look nice to me right up through the 60's when Bangor Punta had them. The '61 Square butt with the nice diamond grips trips my trigger. Scott's revolver has the satin blue finish rather than the later bright blue.

My first Model 36 was a 99% gun from 1966. It was a round butt and sported the flat latch and diamond grips. Must have been near the end of the run for those features. It came from a local gun shop with a story and supporting court documentation.

Seems a very old lady who lived down at Hillsboro was being constantly harassed by some fellow who was trying to bilk her out of her property. He was threatening and being verbally abusive and was at her constantly.

One day she'd had enough of him so met him at the door with her late husband's Chief's Special. Popped him right through the screen door, she did. He reeled off of the porch and fell in the yard. She went out after him and emptied the revolver into him.

They did her for manslaughter as I recall. The gun came to me with copies of depositions, court documents and the manila envelope in which it'd been stored. The guy at the polishing wheel must have been having a good day as it had a particularly pretty blue finish. Alas, I sold it when I was scrounging up the money to purchase a collectible car. Still have the factory letter around here somewhere.
The Following User Likes This Post: