View Single Post

Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like 'em alot more & I always seem to go through my semiautos for selling or trading alot more, so I opted to just without them for the long haul; revos all the way

just thought of a good example for ya...my latest stupid switch/acquisition was the outgoing of a great Beretta M-9 in 9mm for a Glock 23 in .40S&W; it was the 3rd trip to the range with the Glock...surpassing 300 rounds at this time; took my 642 for it's 3 month/50 round refresher;

put another 100 rounds through the Glock with hits in a 10" circle in the silhouette @ 15 yards...can't get used to the grip angle, trigger pull, and sight picture; I would use the Glock in defense if needed, but...

I pull out the 642 and proceed with practice and put my 50 rounds (2 handed, strong hand, weak hand) into a 6" to 7" circle @ 15 yards...the guys who watched me 'struggle' with the Glock were just plain blown at how comfortable I was with my snubby...I stated that I had always felt more comfortable with wheelies over bottom feeders...they stated that too many feel they need 10 or more rounds to end a gunfight and revolver shooters are a dying breed...I stated that I might be dying, but I'm dying with style

BTW: sold off the Glock to put cash back in the bank to help pay for improvements to the family's rifle collection (bedding, floating, trigger work, etc)