Thread: bench design
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2008, 10:48 AM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Good luck on your project. I built my bench 15 years ago and no brag, just fact, it's the best reloading bench you can have. The plans are available for $5 (along with other excellent info for beginning reloaders)from The National Reloading Manufacturers Assn www.reload-nrma.com The bench is large, free standing, super sturdy, and has planty of storage. I reload for numerous pistol, rifle, and shotgun rounds and cast bullets. Plenty of room for all. Get the plans and buy the lumber, plywood and hardware called for. Take it all to a local, professional cabinet maker and pay him to cut it all to the specifications. He won't screw it up but if he does he must do it over at no charge to you. You can then assemble it at home with a drill and wrenches. One suggestion I offer not mentioned in the plans is to add to the bench top a sheet of thin Masonite which is very smooth and makes clean up much easier. Also, fasten your presses and sizers to the bench with C-clamps so that they can be easily moved to more convenient places. No need to drill holes in your new banch! Have fun!!