View Single Post

Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Benchrat:
Mr Win,

...We should avoid responsibility. We should blame the system for lacking justice, and take no responsibility for our actions. Our actions should not be reviewed by our peers.

We should take no opportunity to change or challenge that which is unreasonable, or unethical.

We should do what's easy, rather than what's right.

I understand the dilema, I just don't agree with your solution.

I'm no virgin. I know what a .45 tastes like.
It's sorta like sucking on a penny. Scars suck.

I'm a believer in HVLT (High Velocity Lead Therapy) I also believe in taking responsibility for any therapeutic technique I might employ.

That's just me.

I can't see myself ever fulfilling all the roles of judge, jury, and executioner.

and sleeping nights.

Mark
You have completely bought into the theory that the only authority on right and wrong is government authority. They are supposed to derive their power from the people. WE tell THEM what is right and wrong, not the other way around!

If you have to defend yourself, why on earth do you feel you need some wet-behind-the-ears prosecutor to tell you you're a good person afterward??? Bearing in mind that prosecutor is 99% likely to be interested only in making a name for himself and will be perfectly willing to knowingly and with malice aforethought, send an innocent man (that would be you) to prison in order to further his career. As proof I offer the entire judicial system for the last several decades. Pick a case, any case!

Don't you know whether or not you've done the right thing without someone else telling you?

As for me, if anyone is stupid enough to put me in a position of having to defend my life, I will do so without hesitation, viciously and with finality. Afterward, there is a big wide empty desert out there made just for dealing with the aftermath of such a situation. I will not lose one minute's sleep or spend five seconds wondering if others would have approved. I have no intention of helping some self-interested prosecutor further his career at my expense.