Thread: 357 Mags in Nam
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2009, 09:52 AM

The Conex I referred to earlier must have had 75 to 100 different models of handguns in it when I arrived. Someone, before me, seemed to have 'gathered' the Smiths somewhere near the Front. Most of the "Issue" 1911A1s were also somewhat 'gathered' together - also near the front - but I never managed to make my way all the way to the end of that box. I did find a couple of Mauser Broomhandles, including one that was a full auto version. It became part of the "Museum of Full Autos" that I assembled while I wasn't doing anything else. Browning High Powers, Commercial models of Colts(revolvers and 1911A1s including a couple in 9MM and at least one in .38 Super), Smith & Wessons(including M-39s and many "N" Frame guns), Rugers(I don't remember anything but Single Actions but I did see several in calibers other than .357 Magnum) and I'm sure many others I never got around to identifying.

I had a pretty much endless supply of .45ACP Hardball and I had no trouble getting 9MM Hardball but the .38 Special stuff didn't come in near as often but I didn't have much "demand" for that stuff so I wasn't worried. I always had more than enough 'on hand' for my own shooting.