View Single Post

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I just paid $6oo for a 95 plus% LEO marked, 27-2 (it IS a 3.5" Nickle, However) from a Detective friend of mine. Several Months ago, I bought his personal 28-2, in four inch, for $350. The 28 is in exceptional condition- and I consider it a bargain. The trigger is also very smooth (as I remember- it's locked up & not readily accessable, or I'd do a side by side for ya). But I'd place the 28's in the $350-$450 range, easy... but then, they really 'Trip My Trigger'! LOVE THEM OL' MAGNUMS!!!
Oh, as an update: (I don't know what box I hit to bring up my quote- but I'm glad it popped up)... But Did get out my only model 28 (a dash 2), and compared it to my latest 27-2--- The 28-2 was even smoother and better on the trigger! So I loosened up the adjustment screw on the 3.5" Nickle 27... and evened up the score a notch 'r two. They BOTH have sweet triggers. All my ol'd P&R Smiths are sweet. I have the 66 no dash in 4", the last P&R 19,the 6" -4, an old 'S' series Long Barreled 27'2,& others...The only one that was troublesome was a 'S' series Model 29-2, that was Overstamped- maybe a factory re-work... It HAD a hair trigger!Push-off, they call it. I got it down to a fairly hefty pull now. I kinda miss it going 'KaBloom! if I blinked too loud! It really put the "DANG!!!" in DANGerous... But all of my guns are P&R Magnums- (except the Colt Anaconda), and All are nice, smooth,factory trigs (except the ol' 4" 29-2). I believe, that even in a sucky economy, ANY nice, pretty, old P&R Mag will be a good investment, a good friend, and a Joy to have around. I have NO experience with anything made after around 1980- & so far, have little desire to do so...But it WOULD be nice to SHOOT a late model S&W Cannon. After all, It's Time For A NEW Dirty Harry Movie-