View Single Post

Old 02-23-2008, 05:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been reading John Taffin, Duke Venturino and Clint Smith writing about their ".44 Special obsession" and now I understand it a bit better.

I bought a Model 21-4 a month or so ago, NIB for $425, because it just looked like too good a deal to pass up. A real beauty with those Rosewood grips. Dealer said he got it from an estate sale and it had never been fired.

My only complaint after firing her was she bit just a bit into the web of my hand, so I got online and found some Hogue Decelerator grips for the Model 29. I figured if they were designed to handle .44 Magnums, .44 Special should be a walk in the park. Shot her with the Hogue grips today and she's now a pussycat.

What a great pistol. If I could, I'd personally thank Clint Smith for convincing S&W to bring the Model 21 back out of retirement with his Thunder Ranch Revolver series.

As you can see, I got a Bianchi holster for her, four speedloaders and a couple of speedloader pouches. I also stocked up on .44 Special range ammo at a gun show with 500 rds. of 240 gr. flat-nose and SWCs, plus got some quite snappy 200 gr. HPs from Georgia Arms, so I'm good to go. I see happy days of pistol shooting ahead.