View Single Post

Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 PM

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hi John, thank you very much for the help. I appreciate it. I was just looking at the thing again tonight. And I was investigating what stops it, and then I had jam again when I was cycling it slowly. When I was referring to the hammer being cocked, the only thing it changed was it slowly my lever down just enough it happened much less frequently. And I realized that little nub on the end of the bottom piece (link or floorplate)wasn't catching it when it was supposed to. Also, this gun has hardly every been fired, it looks like new inside, I think it was someone's safe queen. When I received it it came with the original box. And I got it much dirtier inside (brass particles) from cycling these few rounds threw it than when it came. But what I noticed is the hole that that floorplate pivots in, is almost coming out the top of the floorplate, making the floorplate sit much lower than the receiver on the bottom, which would make that nub too low as well, could it be a faulty floor plate from the beginning, with too high of pivot hole?

Also, the rear pin that goes through the floor plate and the lever, can that just be punched out with a brass punch? I don't see a screw or anything holding it in like the front pin.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.