View Single Post

Old 05-18-2008, 07:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I started with revolvers in the early 80s; model 10, model 36 and model 60. I still have the model 10 and 60 but I let the 36 go (still regret it) so I could by a Glock27 in 2001. The Glock was to bump the 60 as my main CCW. I then bought a prelock 642 and that was a BUG to my Glock. Just last week I was at the range with the Glock and I had 3 FTF in 40 rounds, two were the 3 rd and 4th shot of the first magazine.This was not due to limpwristing, I had a good grip for sure. I had never had this happen before and I shot many rounds though this pistol. Interesting thing here is that a month prior to this also at the range my Glock failed to lock open when empty. I installed a factory new guide rod assembly and I bought a new Glock 9 round magazine. This was self defense ammo that I function tested with 200 rounds and no problem. My Glock was sent back to the factory for this and I expect it back in 3-4 weeks. I now CCW the model 60 and the 642. When the Glock comes back I am considering putting it into the safe and getting a .357 Nightguard. Glock "perfection" I don't think so, I trust the revolver more.