View Single Post

Old 05-24-2008, 01:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think my decision to carry a revolver comes from a collection of reasons, some sound, others merely personal. Here's my story:
I grew up on revolvers. My father was a LEO, he grew up on revolvers. The first pistol I ever handled let alone shot was a revolver. My father being partial to them over semi-autos (don't get me wrong, I love a 1911 just like the next guy) I guess that rubbed off on me.
I enjoy shooting semi autos (1911 best of all) but the feel of a J frame in my hand is so perfect. I can draw and shoot accurately without trying (probably important in self defence) whereas with semi autos I seem to have to adjust my grip and get in the groove, so to speak. I also love the fact that a little J (right now a 37, but at times others) always finds its way into my jacket, pants, or shorts pocket. I like the diverse amount of ammo available, the ease of maintenance, ease of use, and ease of concealablility. Of course if my dad had brought me up on a Walther PPK or something else from that era of concealable pistols, maybe I'd be singing them praises too.