Thread: 9mm + P in 6906
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by wilkup:
Can anyone help me with the recoil springs used on this gun for firing the tough stuff?
Wilkup,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think you're going to get the specific answer that you are looking for. Lots of folks don't feel comfortable using +P+ rated ammo. I prefer sticking with standard or +P loads, but that's just my own opinion (which is based upon self imposed personal safety & liability concerns, as well a preference for having a wider variety of ammo to choose from off the shelf). I know that the +P+ stuff has a following, though, so if that is what you want to use, then carry on.

Wolff does offer Recoil Calibration Paks that include 1 standard and 1 each of the 4 "extra power" springs. I'd suggest going that route and planning a couple of trips to the range to fine tune your pistol. You're probably going to have to do some trial and error testing for your specific gun and the specific cartridge you want to use.

Assuming that your firearm will safely tolerate the pressures of the +P+ loads, consider one other factor: If you wind up using a very heavy recoil spring for your +P+ loads, the gun may not function very reliably (or at all) with standard loads if you had to use them.

When it comes to bullets and bad guys, however, Erich's sig says it all.

Cheers,

John