View Single Post

Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those from the SigForum know I am new to handguns.

For me a handgun is a revolver. An auto is a machine that dispenses lead. I like cleaning my revolver more than the auto. I like understanding the parts, being able to get to all the dirt and grit.

Carry is just so easy. Help please. I do want to carry a "45 auto" but I may be happier with a 28oz revolver with 5-8 rounds of similar ammo:
230 gr (15 g) JHP 850 ft/s (260 m/s) Any suggestions? *Edit* will start a new thread for this. Thanks.

I dont care about having a "tactical offensive" high capacity mag. I am happy with my use of speed loaders for prolonged gun fights.

I will carry 95% of the time. Of that I will always have my 340PD and I will have a backup on me whenever possible. My revolver will always be my close at hand home defense piece, the auto will be in a lock box.

If I may ramble on more. I enjoy having 4 good holsters for the J frame. OWB SERPA paddle, IWB Kydex, soft IWB, Fobus ankle or just any little pocket. As a new gun owner I have also enjoyed using two very different grips. And using four very different rounds (and then subtile different grains of each). One little gun has offered a wide range of shooting experience.